In a mouth-watering preparation for our gastronomic dinner on 7th December, Chef Nicolas Conraux is offering exclusively his twist on a family recipe! He says: “At La Butte, cooking scallops, or Coquilles Saint Jacques, is a family tradition for 3 generations! This recipe underlines my core values: cooking with seasonal products, highlighting its freshness and respecting its taste.”
Recipe from Chef Nicolas Conraux: Scallops in their shells, ginger steam
Preparation: 30 minutes; Cooking time: 10 minutes for white butter, 4 minutes for shells
Ingredients (for 4 people):
2 shallots peeled
30 cl of white wine vinegar
60cl of cream
150g of butter
A piece of fresh ginger 1cm long
Nuoc mam sauce
- Open the scallops, shuck them, leaving the scallop in the shell. Rinse them with fresh water and reserve them.
- Mix the shallots with the vinegar.
- In a saucepan, reduce the shallots and vinegar in half, add the cream and let reduce by half. Strain using a fine sieve.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
- Return the strained reduction to heat and then add the cold butter in pieces, little by little, using a blender. Keep warm, making sure it does not boil.
- Place a dice of ginger and pour 1 drop of nuoc mam on each scallop.
- Put the scallops in their shells in the oven for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Take the shells out of the oven, place them on hot plates. Top them with the butter sauce and serve immediately.
Credits photo : Michel LE photographe, Simon Cohen